Thursday, February 18, 2021

Documenting a Day Post#3

 Reflecting on my experience with the applications given to work with, all were a learning experience. In part one, Word processor was fun to use, especially identifying the ten tasks I engage in daily. Formatting the text with different font options, adding a numbers list to count how many listed, and adjusting the alignment was easy to use. Part two, using a spreadsheet, Excel was a challenge because calculating percentages and manipulating the database was quite a challenge. Excel for Mac does not have the option to “Sort by Hours” within Data-Sort and Filter; I spent almost an hour trying to figure out how to Sort by Hours; I then upload the Excel spreadsheet in Google Sheets and also encounter the same issue. Using my work laptop, I was able to do this task in Microsoft excel office 365, in addition, the “My data has headers” was also not an option in Mac or Google. The pie chart was fun to use and select the 2D option. The pie chart is a clear way to see how hours get spent and sadly not enough family time, which I tend to change this. The advantage of using Excel and manipulating the database was good exercise, and glad I was able to figure it out. The advantages of each of these applications, including PowerPoint, are that each has its specialty, yet you can add text. I recommend all applications to document the information about my day; clearly, the Excel exercise is the most accurate of all. One additional scenario I would use for Word is to create a resume, for Excel is to make my meal intakes, for PowerPoint is to show before and after remodel of a home and database application to get percentages of driving time from work, home, and leisure. The activity in Chapter 5: Computer applications in Computing Technology was a great exercise to start and understand different aspects of Word documentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me